Monday 29 April 2013

A-Z Challenge: Y: Young Americans

AH NEARLY THERE!

I have been writing about TV all month which has been really fun!

I have been trying to write about what TV has taught me about writing.

For Y: YOUNG AMERICANS


I am probably the only person who watched this show, but people: Ian Somerhalder. Cary off The Good Wife. It is worth seeking out (if it’s on DVD anywhere. I taped it off Channel 5 here years ago).

I am not sure what I’ll pick out about the writing. It has some ridiculous plots, assuming that a girl could hide out in a boys school and nobody would notice. NOBODY. But somehow it got away with it.

I am going to put that down to: Ian Somerhalder.

Which teaches me a hot male love interest and you can get away with a lot. ;) Kidding. Kinda.

Of course, there is a separate debate about a love interest covering up for a poor main plot (avoid this) and do YA novels in particular always need a love interest? But in the meantime I struggled for what else to say about this other than: Ian Somerhalder.

Quotes: "What, you need directions? Oh, the way to Rawley, right? Let's see. It's right up the road. Just follow your nose. It smells just like money." 

6 comments:

  1. I've never even heard of this show. You either have very good taste of very bad taste.

    mood
    Moody Writing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I agree with Mooderino.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know the show, but I liked the quote about smelling like money.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember the show but I didn't watch it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mood - I suspect bad taste, LOL!

    Juliet - ha ha!

    C Lee - it is a good quote ;)

    Alex - I am not sure anyone did!

    Sheena-kay - LOL! I suspect so.

    ReplyDelete

Please comment, I'd love to know what you think! :)