Friday 20 December 2013

Celebrate The Small Things: 20 December Edition

Welcome to CELEBRATE THE SMALL THINGS. Here we are at 20 December! In Celebrate The Small Things we celebrate the small pleasures and excitements and kindnesses of the week. There's a linky to sign up on.

A few things:


  • Next week, will be the end of the year and we will have been celebrating for a whole year. Can you believe it? I am therefore going to suggest that NEXT WEEK we celebrate the WHOLE YEAR. What have been the small things that have stuck out for you in the year? Though by all means celebrate the week, it's just a thought.
  • It is lovely if people can hop around and visit others but I wouldn't want the thought of having to visit the WHOLE LIST to put people off signing up. If you sign up and can visit say 10 or 15 on the list who are near you on the list, well, that's fine.
  • This week, apologies, I likely WON'T make it around everybody's blogs to celebrate with you due to the holidays. Next week I'll likely be late in my visiting but I will try and make it round the end of year round up then.
  • I'll do a list tidy up at some point over the holidays.


My celebrations this week then:

1. It is nearly Christmas. At the moment I am mainly thinking that this means TIME OFF and a break but I am sure I'll soon be excited about the holiday itself.
2. Fully recovered from food poisoning, yay!
3. Time off work! I don't know about America but most people here take days off over Christmas and travel and see family and it's a proper wee break. I have 10 days off or something like that, and I am looking forward to it.
4. CHOCOLATE. There's lots of it about this time of year.

How about you? Happy Holidays to you!

Here's the linky:

25 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas, enjoy your break.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas! It's my last day at work today and then I'm off until 2nd Jan. Yippee!!!

    If you're still continuing the celebrations into the New Year I'd definitely like to stay on the list please, although I'll probably post every two weeks.

    Enjoy the holidays! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where I work we're not allowed to take holidays over Christmas, boo! I've got the three days over Christmas off, but that's it. I'm still looking forward to the break though.
    Have a great Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to have off for Christmas. Have a Merry One, and not too much chocolate...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chocolate and time off are certainly worth celebrating! Especially if you can spend the time off eating the chocolate.

    I like the idea of next week the year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yuck to food poisoning! It's the worst!
    YAY for chocolate! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on a whole year!
    Enjoy your Christmas break and no more food poisoning.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Chocolate is always a reason to celebrate! ;) Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great idea for next week! I had to skip this week but will definitely be on board for that.
    Merry Christmas! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've said this on my own post today, but thanks for getting us all to celebrate. Enjoy the festivities. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you're better! I like the idea of celebrating the whole year. And yes, yay for chocolate ;)

    Have a wonderful Christmas, enjoy the break!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A real blogger celebrator aren't you Vik? The list is fun and we all have a new year to look forward to. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Chocolate, time off, and visiting with family and friends- you just listed my end of year celebration post. Sounds like you're off to a wonderful Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay for feeling better, and holidays, and time off, and definitely chocolate! Have a great holiday, =)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Holidays! Chocolate and feeling like eating it are two awesome things to celebrate, but family and friends will always be the best! Looking forward to reading everyone's end of the year post.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is the best time of year to celebrate small things. Thanks for starting the blog hop. I'd much rather my time off be monopolized by visiting cool blogs than by doing boring last-minute Christmas stuff. Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Merry Christmas! Have enjoyed participating, being it ever so 'small' :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like the idea of celebrating the whole year--sounds like a great idea!

    Hope you enjoy your holiday break! Glad you're feeling better! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats on hosting a successful bloghop for a year. Here's to 2014. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congratulations on the one year blog-hop-aversary. See you next year.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you EVERYONE for your comments! I did individual replies which I now can't see so hoping this reply works! Thank you for celebrating, and joining in, and for your lovely comments.

    Something went horribly wrong with my scheduling so my end of year didn't go up but will re purpose it for this week!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Have a great time with your holidays! See you around in 2014.

    www.modernworld4.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. cant believe another year is gone by!
    so happy to have your friendship & support!

    have a happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Sorry for signing up and not participating last week. I'd forgotten about it, as I'm reducing my blogging. But I do plan to be involved with CTSTs in 2014, if only part-time.

    I hope you enjoyed your time off, and still are if you still on vacation. Many people in America do take time off around Christmas, though mainly it's people with small kids because they're off of school.

    See you next year! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gina - see you in 2014 ;)
    Tara - very happy to have you ;)
    Nancy - no worries! I am back at work now but my vacation was lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Please comment, I'd love to know what you think! :)